By Tomahawk Staff Cancer affects everyone. In a 2013 study by Cancer.org, it was determined that currently […]
As a student-run newspaper, The Talon strives to provide Goshen High School students, staff and local community with news relevant to their lives. Our coverage includes news about GHS events, groups and students, as well as community and world news coverage.
Every year, this class works to meet the following goals:
- Provide unbiased news based on facts and interviews.
- Update our website with new articles at least 3x a week.
- Release 8 print publications during the school year.
- Provide social media updates that are relevant for our followers and relate to GHS or community news.
- To provide a newspaper that is as professional as possible.
- To learn industry standard programs and concepts for journalism and mass communications fields.
- Reach 250+ followers on Twitter.
- Reach 600+ website views in a 5 day period.
- Begin using Facebook – reaching 75+ Followers.
- Find a minimum of 4 new advertisers.
- Submit at least 2 student publications to state competition.